Sunday, August 23, 2009

Travel Report, EPT Kyiv: Day 4

Media row at EPT KyivWas a late one yesterday, with play lasting until after midnight and our wrap-up work not concluding until after 1 a.m. Ended up staying up another hour back at the hotel chatting with Vera Valmore on Skype. I guess it says something about my age to say I’m still flummoxed by the fact that it is possible to chat (with video) with someone 5,000 miles away like that.

Had thoughts of getting up and doing a little more sight-seeing this morning, but was dead to the world until 10:30 a.m., my body clock finally catching up and allowing me to have a decent period of sleep. Of course, we’ve only one more night here in Ukraine, so I’ll be having to adjust again soon.

Final table today starts at noon local time. You can follow the action over at EPT Live, if you like -- a very cool way to follow all of the EPT events. Have to say, they do a lot of things especially well on the EPT.

Gotta get to work, so no time for more today. Might not be back on here for a couple of days actually, as I’ll be in transit. Will surely have some post-Kyiv reflections to share on the other side, but I can say for now it has been a terrific week -- for lots of reasons -- and I’m really glad I decided to make the trip. (But I’ll be glad to get back home, too.)

Signing off from Kyiv. Check out the PokerNews’ live reporting page to see how the tourney plays out.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts
Older Posts

Copyright © 2006-2021 Hard-Boiled Poker.
All Rights Reserved.